It’s raspberry cheesecake and chilli chocolate muffins.
Not to out do Martha Stewart… after a day of boredom… i decided to bake… bake… and bake. Not great when you’re on a “diet”… I need to lose boob and tummy weight… even though everyone says I don’t need to (especially the boob section) but I suppose I just made that a but harder… in any case… I got a message from a friend a few days ago… asking how I was and if I wanted to meet up (in Toulouse) next week… But to be honest, I don’t know if I should. I mean, (and I am still confused about this part) after I left Stockholm, I got back to uni… and everything had changed. My guy friends just… “dropped” me. Why? I have… no idea… this guy (who I really liked… as a friend… and may I say… he tried to sleep with me a fair few times… not that THAT was going to happen) just decided… he didn’t want to be friends anymore… well to be more correct when after 3 months I still hadn’t gone for a drink with him, I asked him straight out why we had not seen each other… and he said “I don’t have the same desire to see as I did before”. Now, to be brutal… I was floored. We had never been uber close… but close enough to know each other pretty well…
So what did I do?
I got up, and made myself some new friends! Partied like a crazy person, worked hard and got over it.
So… why do I suddenly get this… request to “meet up for a drink it’s been ages”…? I have no idea… argh. Even I can’t try and psychoanalyse this shit. So I am going to have a slice of cheesecake, and a giant glass of wine… or diet coke… whatever I can get my hands on first.
If you want the recipes… here we go (at least something positive can come out of it) :
Baked Raspberry Cheesecake
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 50g butter , melted
- 600g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 175g caster sugar
- Vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, plus 1 yolk
- 142ml pot soured cream
- 300g raspberries
- icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Crush 8 digestive biscuits in a food processor (or put in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin). Mix with 50g melted butter. Press into a 20cm springform tin and bake for 5 minutes, then cool.
- Beat 600g cream cheese with 2 tbsp flour, 175g caster sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 1 yolk and a 142ml pot of soured cream until light and fluffy. Stir in 150g raspberries and pour into the tin. Bake for 40 minutes and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Leave in the tin to cool.
- Using the remaining 150g raspberries, keep a few for the top and put the rest in a pan with 1 tbsp icing sugar. Heat until juicy and then squash with a fork. Push through a sieve. Serve the cheesecake with the raspberry sauce and raspberries.
Dark Chocolate and Chilli Cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcakes :
- 175g (6 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 140g (5 oz) light muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
- 115g (4 oz) dark chocolate, melted
- 1 or 2 red chillies, deseeded and very finely chopped
- Chocolate frosting :
- 175g (6 oz) dark chocolate (above 70% cocoa solids)
- 2 tablespoons dark muscovado sugar
- 150ml soured cream
- To decorate :
- Red and green coloured marzipan
- Red sugar sprinkles